The Italian Chamber of Commerce and the California Milk Advisory Board organized the fourth edition of the Mexican Pizza Championship where 8 pizza makers from different cities and restaurants competed to obtain the “Best Mexican Pizza maker 2018” and will represent Mexico in the Pizza World Championship in Naples, Italy.
With more than 500 spectators among industry professionals and pizza lovers, each participant had to bake three different types of pizza: classic, creative and aesthetic using high quality ingredients and with the best flavor.
The jury was conform by representatives of the Italian Chamber of Commerce in Mexico, The Accademia Italiana della Cucina, industry experts and opinion leaders:
- Francesco Brocchi (adviser of the Italian Chamber of Commerce in Mexico and sponsor of the event).
- Carlos Sands (“Sale el Sol” host).
- Chef Paulina Abascal (pastry chef).
- Chef Yogui – Mariano Garcés (“Hoy” t.v. show chef and influencer).
- Roberto Caporuscio (Pizza chef and Pizza Academy Foundation person in charge in US and ambassador for Caputo flour).
- Chef Mauricio Sanchez-Gracia (Trattoria Palacio restaurant chef).
- Bernardine Flores Alanís (Baker owner of Bread Panaderos).
- Chef Mario Miele (Pizza chef and owner of pizza restaurants in Mexico).
- Victor Stewens (Representative of the Accademia de la Cucina Italiana).
- Pablo Von Bertrab (Representative of CESSA University).